Expiration date: 9/23/2012
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Albuquerque District (Corps), is proposing to issue Regional General Permit (RGP) NM-12-01. This permit authorizes discharges of dredged or fill material into Waters of the United States, including wetlands, and/or work or structures in Navigable Waters of the United States for necessary repair and protection measures associated with an emergency situation within the state of New Mexico. An “emergency situation” is present where there is a clear, sudden, unexpected, and imminent threat to life or property demanding immediate action to prevent or mitigate loss of, or damage to, life, health, property or essential public services (i.e., a situation that could potentially result in an unacceptable hazard to life or a significant loss of property if corrective action requiring a permit is not undertaken immediately). Examples of work that maybe undertaken under this permit, upon authorization by the District Engineer (DE), include but are not limited to:
• Levee construction, rebuilding or maintenance.
• Removal of accumulated sediment, debris or vegetation to prevent or mitigate the emergency situation.
• Bank stabilization to prevent or minimize erosion or the loss of structures such as bridges.
• Debris containment structures.
• Construction of diversion channels and flow deflection structures.
This public notice is to inform interested parties of the proposed RGP NM-12-01 and to solicit comments.