Filming Application

Click image to go to the film application.



Filming in New Mexico

Film Permits

Film permits are required for filming on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) fee owned or USACE managed land.  A film permit ensures that the public's interest and valuable resources are protected.

Application Process

1. Contact USACE Real Estate Division at 505.342.3126 to discuss the proposed film project. A minimum of 30-days notice is required for minimum impact requests in order to allow sufficient time to review the application packagePlease be aware that more complex projects require more review time. Some film projects may require review by other District sections such as regulatory, environmental, safety and/or engineering. Stunts, pyrotechnics and explosives are some examples of actions that would require additional review time.

2. Complete the application in its entirety and include a detailed description or storyboard of the proposed film shoot. Submit the initial $300.00 application fee with your application and proof of insurance to:  

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Albuquerque District,

ATTN: Real Estate Division,

4101 Jefferson Plaza N.E.,

Albuquerque, NM 87109. 

Upon review of the application packet, the application fee will be determined and credit given for the initial payment received. Make checks payable to:  FAO, USACE, Albuquerque District.

3. Contact Richard Aldridge, realty specialist, for additional information. Phone: 505.342.3126; E-mail: 

Example of Fees:




Additional Day(s)

Application Fee (NON-REFUNDABLE)

$300 initial fee due with application

Entire processing fee to be determined upon application review

Prep or Strike Day



Still Photography†


$500.00 per day

Motion Picture/Video†


$500.00 per day

Students & Non-profits



Corps Monitoring Fees

Actual costs


Date Changes

$300/per change


Base Camp parking/vehicle parking $550.00 per site $225.00

*Fees for long-term film shoots will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Insurance - The permitee shall obtain a standard liability insurance policy in the amount of $500,000 per person in any one claim and an aggregate limit of $2,000,000. Property damage will be at least $100,000. The Government (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers) shall be named as coinsured. A copy of the bond and insurance policy or a Certificate of Insurance must be furnished prior to the signed permit being issued.

4. Any government assets that may be identifiable in the film as being U.S. Army Corps of Engineers assets, e.g., personnel, equipment, etc., must be approved through Public Affairs at 505.342.3349.

Production Companies - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers must be included in the credits of motion pictures filmed on Corps property.