The lake is open for day-use recreation including fishing, boating, picnicking, hiking, and swimming. The Cochiti boat ramp is open. Cochiti Lake is still a no-wake lake. Reservations are no longer needed to enter the lake.
Swim Beach: the swim beach area is open 7 days a week from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm until Oct. 15, 2021. A $5.00 Swim Beach day use fee is required for every vehicle parked in the designated Swim Beach day use area. Please purchase this either onsite at the vault or online at www.recreation.gov and make sure the day use slip or ticket is displayed properly on your vehicle.
Blue-green algae blooms have been recorded at the lake, with conditions changing daily. Currently temporary signage has been posted along high use shorelines to alert visitors of the swimming risk. The lake remains open for all recreation activities.
Boat ramp: a $5.00 boat launch fee is required for all motorized and trailered vessels using the boat ramp to launch. Please purchase onsite or online (www.recreation.gov) and display the day use slip or ticket on your vehicle properly.
Camping: 45 campsites in the Cochiti side campground are now open. Reservations are necessary and must be made 24 hours in advance at www.recreation.gov.
Tetilla Peak Recreation Area: The Tetilla Peak entrance, day use recreation area, and campgrounds remain closed at this time. Entrance to the lake is only on the Cochiti side.
- America the Beautiful passes are honored for day use fees.
- The Visitor Center and parking area is open to the public.
- Dam Crest Rd. will be open to the public until construction resumes in the control tower, estimated to begin Monday, July 12, 2021.
- The Overlook Day Use area is open to the public.
- Charcoal is NOT allowed in the designated swim beach area.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to bring their own personal floatation devices and lifejackets as the Loaner Life Jacket program is not in operation at this time.
The USACE-Albuquerque District reminds the public that Cochiti Lake is a no-alcohol facility.
State and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 (such as social distancing, the use of face masks, and group-size limitations) apply while visiting USACE-managed recreation areas.
Contact the Cochiti Lake Main Office at (505) 465-0307 with additional questions.