Technical Specialist Career Ladder
- Five GS-13 non-supervisory technical positions have been established and recruited to provide regional technical guidance and quality control (creates a dual career ladder) in the Mechanical, Electrical, Architectural, Geotechnical and Structural disciplines.
Multi-Skilling our Workforce
- A cross-training program has been established to multi-skill our workforce in several functional areas. Our objective is to increase flexibility and individual development.
As-Built Drawing Clause
- The as-built drawing clause has been revised to improve the quality and responsiveness of the contractor's submittal. Among other changes, a 60% submittal in CD-ROM format is required to provide advance information on installed site work for the user.
- The Albuquerque District has been selected by Headquarters USACE to test a new warranty clause that holds warranty funds for one year after a facility is completed.
Interactive Quality Management Plan
- An ISO 9001 configured Quality Management Plan Web site is available with built-in links to related regulations and procedures. Formal ISO certification is being investigated.
Lessons Learned Database
- A Construction Industry Institute software package is now being used to document lessons learned.
Design-Build Quality Control Clause
- Construction contractors for design build are now required to submit a very specific design quality control plan after award.